Here’s what’s coming up in the next little while:
- RESTORE CONFERENCE, SURREY, BC: Sonrise Church, Feb 19 + 20
More details here.
- TODAY’S MODERN WOMEN OF FAITH CONFERENCE, Surrey, BC, March 5
Check it out here.
- GATHER: WOMEN, Vancouver, April 2
Stay tuned for more details.
- YWAM Urban Ministries, Winnipeg, May 9-13
I was so honoured to spend time with the beautiful people in Winnipeg last year. I’ll be back this year and look forward to connecting with old friends and new ones.
- ROBBEN ISLAND, SOUTH AFRICA. I was deeply honoured to be part of leading a Writer’s Symposium on Robben Island in January 2016.
- SIMPLY JESUS, 2015. My talk from the SimplyJesus Gathering, 2o15 is here. It’s called AUDACIOUS WAITING, based on the story of the Wise and Foolish Virgins in Matthew 25, alongside my story of growing up in South Africa. This one was very close to my heart.
—I have led weekend women’s retreats for Cedar Grove Church and Broadway Church.
—In August 2013, I led a session at The Journey for women from Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside (our inner city) at the beautiful Linwood House in Roberts Creek.
—In May 2013, I facilitated a 3-day Writer’s Track at Amahoro Africa in Uganda with Claire De Boer. Participants were hungry to write and change the old story that “Africans don’t write.” We write. O, yes, we do.
—You can watch several recorded messages I was privileged to be a part of for RelateWomen TV.
—I spoke at a Rotary Club meeting in Richmond about the Clean the World Project and love sharing, whenever I get invited, at Relate Women, my home church’s Wednesday morning women’s meetings.
—In September 2011, I led the women’s retreat for Broadway Church, Vancouver.
—In 2010, I taught Gathering Eve over 8 weeks at RelateWomen.
—I am a trained facilitator of The Path workshop, created by Laurie Beth Jones. I have led this workshop–or my version of it, according to the clients’ needs–in small and large group settings, in intimate home groups and large conferences, from Canada to China. I love helping people tune in to the unique dreams and purpose in their hearts. The beauty of this material is that it helps participants write their purpose in one, simple, but powerful sentence, as well as write a vision statement that is unique and divinely inspired. My favourite setting to do this in, is in a small group of 12 people over three days. But I have also had the privilege of doing this with small businesses, churches and even a personal session with a lawyer who, in our meeting, while writing his vision statement at the board room table, realized that he needed to run for government office. He was elected the next year.
I would love for every person in the world to be able to clearly articulate her divine purpose. I feel so passionate about this that I gave the women in my Thu night life group a Sharpie and they are writing their purpose sentences on the wall in our kitchen.
– I have shared on God’s Heart for Suffering Women and the church’s call to respond in various settings, following the publication of the Discovering God’s Heart for Suffering Women: A 40-Day Prayer Pilgrimage.
– I have led prayer times on human trafficking, setting up stations of prayer in various places.
My personal story is a Story of Awakening:
– to an intimate faith. (I am a charismatic, liturgy-loving contemplative.)
– to God’s heart for justice (as a white, Afrikaner Daughter of Apartheid)
– to my unique purpose (a global good news magazine)
– to God’s heart for women
I would love to speak with you about your needs or requirements for your group, ministry, church, service or gathering.
I am also available for one-on-one coaching, in person or online.
You can contact me here: